Tuesday, February 1, 2022

The Gist for You AND Me. Crying at the Dentist

I normally don't have a problem with the dentist. Every other thing that has to do with checking or fixing something on my body is more than likely going to be faced with tears. But with the dentist, other than the quick tongue flip, I'm usually quite calm; until this morning when I slid into the baby blue vinyl chair, took my mask off and started to cry. There was no sobbing or sniffling, just a few tears rolling down my cheeks into my ears and out of my ears and down the back of my neck. Then as quickly as they started, they stopped. They had nothing to do with the trip to the dentist, but were merely an accumulation of some sad news throughout the week, disappointment in myself for not having been more productive and my looming booster shot in the afternoon.   

When I got home I sent the dentist a simple message that said, "I'm sorry I cried." She answered almost immediately. "Ma figurati.....sei una person sensibile Tenley.....e questa non e' una colpa ma un valore." (Don't be silly....you're a sensitive person Tenley....and this is not a fault, but a virtue.) Then I cried again. And thanks to her kind message the doctor at the vaccination site was spared a grown woman in tears and instead inoculated a courageous (sensitive) one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave comments on Blogger. If you do, they might never make it to me. And if they make it and you don't sign your name, I'll never know who you are. You can contact me at tenleyves@yahoo.com. Thanks.