Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mr. Ed reruns never made it to Italy

I've seen a lot of different food in the past 7 months and believe it or not, I've even tasted a lot of different food.  Dare I say the new items that have made it on the list of Tenley likes?  I don't think so.  Who knows how I'll feel about them in the next couple of months.
 
I will offer a small list of the things I've tried.  Olives (I ate them with Matteo, of course I liked them), white asparagus (with the warning that it would smell when I went to the bathroom), fried zucchini (with the little black stripes that actually make it look more appetizing), grapefruit (I was tricked into this one.  They don't eat it the way we do and I didn't think it was a grapefruit.  FYI:  it's just as gross the way they eat it), "uovo in camicia" (a raw egg dropped into boiling water.  Magically the white part wraps itself around the yellow and encloses it and cooks it.  It looks like a little ball of mozzarella, which made me want to try it.  But, it was still an egg...ugh!), and horse pizza. Just kidding.  Did you really think I would try horse pizza?  Did you really think horse pizza existed?

Ummmm....it does.  I went out for pizza tonight and that's what my friend ordered.  Okay.  I'm sure you don't exactly order horse pizza like cheese pizza or pepperoni pizza or hawaiian pizza.  But that's what it was.  It was a cheese pizza with horse meat. It's actually called "pizza agli sfilacci di cavallo".  The only word you need to know is cavallo and that means horse. And if I had to give it a vote, I'd give it a neigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave comments on Blogger. If you do, they might never make it to me. And if they make it and you don't sign your name, I'll never know who you are. You can contact me at tenleyves@yahoo.com. Thanks.