Sunday, September 26, 2010

I just told the waiter I'm dead

Someone corrected me last week and I still can't remember. Je suis finis or j'ai fini?? (those are spelled incorrectly) One of them means that I'm finished and is the right thing to tell a waiter and the other is close to saying, "I'm dead." Yes. I remember now. It's supposed to be, "J'ai finis."

I'll catch on sooner or later. Did I tell you about the taxi driver that I thought asked me where I was from so I said, "Chicago." then he said that was too far. He really
asked where I was going.

Okay. Now maybe I really am je suis finis. To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave comments on Blogger. If you do, they might never make it to me. And if they make it and you don't sign your name, I'll never know who you are. You can contact me at tenleyves@yahoo.com. Thanks.