Monday, September 27, 2010

The waiter didn't kill me, but you might

Mamma Mia! I couldn't get to the page to type! So I think I sent a blank page. (or two) Sorry. Anyway, to finish last night's adventure. I'm sorry I didn't sign off properly and left you in such a hurry. Could you sense my stress? I didn't really think the waiter would appreciate watching me continue to type on my iPod when I had just explained to him that I forgot my wallet! But I did stay long enough to write the final sentence and hit publish and I think it worked. (keep in mind how long it probably took me to do that!) Anyway, I forgot my wallet. This is Rainman, who seldom forgets anything. Now I guess I see what a little stress can do to a person. So, try explaing to a waiter when you don't speak French, "REALLY, I live around the corner! I'll just run home and up 110 stairs to get it." Actually, had I really said the 110 stairs thing he probably would've believed me. A tourist would never have known that people really do have to go up 110 stairs everyday to get home. So, I left my bag with the waiter, ran home in the rain, ran back in the rain and finally, enjoyed a nice walk home on the shiny, slippery cobblestones laughing all the way. And now, j'ai finis. Au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave comments on Blogger. If you do, they might never make it to me. And if they make it and you don't sign your name, I'll never know who you are. You can contact me at tenleyves@yahoo.com. Thanks.