Monday, January 17, 2011

I can't hide, some things I just don't know

Call me the biggest dork in the world when you're done reading this if you want to.  In the meantime, just read it.

I've decided to start taking my camera with me every time I leave home.  I was especially happy to have it one rainy day last week.  It was the kind of day most people would take the train instead of ride their bikes and they certainly wouldn't be stopping along the way to take photos.  I suppose that's where the desire to call me a dork begins.

So, I was pedaling down Boulevard Beaumarchais.  It's a beautiful street lined with huge trees on both sides.  I was stopped at a red light. (I really was.)  Then I saw this tree.  It was gorgeous!  A million shades of green and shiny in the rain.  And......it looked just like camouflage.  Okay.  I always thought camouflage was just a pattern made out of the colors of nature and if you wore it you'd kind of blend in.  Who knew that it was actually designed exactly after one of these trees in Paris?!  (I suppose you did.  And I suppose you also knew that these trees are probably all over the world.  Maybe even in Chicago and I just never noticed them.  Whatever.)  Since it seemed I'd have hours to kill waiting for this light, I took a picture so I could show you just how well you'd blend in if you wore your camo in Paris.


And the amazement doesn't stop there.  It's true.  I've always wondered about the grey camouflage.  Guess what?  The next day when it wasn't raining, the trees were grey.  Don't think for a minute that I won't be spending my last few months in Paris looking for the blue trees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave comments on Blogger. If you do, they might never make it to me. And if they make it and you don't sign your name, I'll never know who you are. You can contact me at tenleyves@yahoo.com. Thanks.