Saturday, January 29, 2011

Scoot around the world

I haven't actually scooted that much.  But I'd have to say I'm one of the biggest fans of Vespas, mopeds, Lambrettas and little motorcycles that I know.  I don't think I can describe it without sounding really nuts, so I'm not going to try.  Just let it be known.....I love the things.

Did I mention my quick trip to Belgium in December?  Sometimes when I'm facing a weekend alone in Paris I just don't want to do it.  It seems long and lonely and cold.  So, I call a friend and jump on the next plane or train and go for a visit.  (I'd jump on a Vespa if I had one.)

In December I fled to Brussels.  It was my third visit.  But it was my first Vespa ride.  Mamma mia!  I don't know how to say that in Flemish or I would.  We went for a two-hour ride with two two-hour smiles.

I guess I have the same attitude about scooters as I do my convertible.  Wear warm clothes and  have fun. That's what Santa Claus does, right? And that's what we did.  Brussels by 1983 Vespa with an adorable Spanish girl, Christmas decorations and purple shoes was right up there with the moped in Cozumel, the scooter in Croatia and the moto in Procida.  I'm still waiting for the Lambretta in Italia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave comments on Blogger. If you do, they might never make it to me. And if they make it and you don't sign your name, I'll never know who you are. You can contact me at tenleyves@yahoo.com. Thanks.