Tuesday, October 5, 2010

At least my iPod is in English

Sorry guys. I write a blog and then try to reread it before I actually post it. But, sometimes what I've written seems to have disappeared up into the top of my iPod and no matter how much I scratch at the screen, it won't come back down. So maybe I hit the backspace a few times to try to get back up there and sometimes I watch myself erasing something that I know I'll have to rewrite, but I just have to get back to the top to proofread. And sometimes it's the other way around and I can't get to the bottom. It's like my words are hidden under the keyboard. So, sometimes the only option is to hit "post" and hope that something sensible comes out! In the 'bureau' blog, I seem to have erased the part where I explained my issue to my office mate and asked for help. Suddenly, he just had me by the hand leading me to find a key. It wasn't a terrible transition, but for those of you that I've spent hours with a red pen in hand editing your writing, I had to let you know that this really isn't MY writing. It's Tenley in Paris typing with one finger on an iPod with NO technical support. I'm sure the solution is very easy if I could just ask someone for help. Can you imagine me at school with my whole computer in French? I don't know how to cut and paste or save or print or copy (can you do that on a computer?) on my Apple in English without someone standing right over my shoulder guiding me. With a French keyboard and screen, I'm helpless. I couldn't even get the caps unlocked yesterday! So, please read my blog with a smile. If something doesn't seem to make sense, I'm sorry I've lost you. The words were there before, you just can't find them. It's kind of like me trying to figure something out on my computer at school. I know it's all there, it just doesn't make sense and I can't always figure it out. Thanks for hanging in there. I'm hanging in there, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave comments on Blogger. If you do, they might never make it to me. And if they make it and you don't sign your name, I'll never know who you are. You can contact me at tenleyves@yahoo.com. Thanks.