Sunday, October 24, 2010

At last, I've got a little bit of Paris in me

I'm living with a cute couple in an adorable house in a London suburb for a week in a purple bedroom with tigger and eeyore on the wall to keep me company. This is really livin'! It's warm without using a space heater, the showerhead is attached to the wall, and I don't need a flashlight to use the toilet.

I got here a little early so I stopped for a snack. It was an Italian place and the waiter spoke Italian with me before I even opened my mouth, I swear. So, now I'm in London,
happy to be speaking Italian and what do you suppose happened? Enough French snuck into the conversation that
I'm in a place where I should be speaking English but
instead I'm speaking Italian and the next thing you know
the waiter says, "oh, you speak French."
I guess you can take a girl out of Paris, but you can't
take Paris out of a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave comments on Blogger. If you do, they might never make it to me. And if they make it and you don't sign your name, I'll never know who you are. You can contact me at tenleyves@yahoo.com. Thanks.