Friday, October 8, 2010

Sorry I fell asleep on you

Sorry about last night! To continue and clear things up a bit. In fact, there was a key on my bike, I just didn't see it! He used white tape to tape it to my white bike. So, I got his text the next day after I parked my bike at school. I ran back out and there it was. I took a picture because I was feeling so happy to have a "bike message." I've always thought it was a fun way to communicate and I didn't think I'd be doing it in Paris. I was "super contente." (they really say this!) I couldn't be luckier to have this fabulous neighbor. (he does have one flaw. He speaks English. :-( But......he also speaks Italian. And he's French, so he speaks French.) He helped pump up my bike tires. He gave me the key. He installed Internet at his place because he's been thinking about it lately and just not getting around to it. He said he'd do it for me and I don't even have to pay him! And......get ready Mike, he leaves me LENGTHY notes telling me just what keys to push on my
computer to get me hooked up. He already knows to treat me like a three-year old in this department. I thought it might be wiser to get through all of the internet
stuff in English and then I might ask him to switch to italian! Grazie to Alex, it won't be long and I'll be
connected at home and can blog from my computer instead
of from my iPod. And just as I've started to get used to
my French keyboard at school, I'll try to type from my computer at home and I'll be back to my zills and
zoulds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave comments on Blogger. If you do, they might never make it to me. And if they make it and you don't sign your name, I'll never know who you are. You can contact me at tenleyves@yahoo.com. Thanks.