Thursday, October 7, 2010

I think I need to update you on the keys in my life.
The front door key that I broke.....
I feared everyday that I would come home, the door would be fixed and locked and I wouldn't have a new key. I told my neighbor that I might have to buzz him one night in case this happened and he said it would be fine. One day that I knew I'd be pretty late I left him a note to say that if he could pick up my key if the door was fixed that he could just tape it to my bike. (yes!! I have a bike. I can't remember if I told you. It's white with a red seat and I
love it!) anyway, I told him to text me if he did it. I got home at 00:30 (I think that's how I'm supposed to be learning to write the time. That's 12:30 a.m.)voilĂ ! I was locked out. I went and checked my bike. Nothing. I couldn't check my texts because I forgot to charge my phone. No key! And it seemed a bit too late to buzz Alex, don't you think? I considered sleeping in the lobby which might have been nice--it's a lot bigger than my apartment. Fortunately, within minutes, two boys came running out and I ran in,
went to bed and decided to worry about the key the next
day.

The key the next day.......
I couldn't go running because I couldn't get back in. Oh well. The Seine can wait. As I was leaving for work another neighbor ran out in her pajamas and said she had my key. The lobby door that I broke more than a week ago is fixed and now I have a key. One more down...how many to go? (don't forget about the bureau key.)

The trash key....
There's a back door in the lobby that leads to the trash cans. You need a key for the back door and I don't have one. The trash cans get wheeled to the front of the building around 7:30 and I just pop my trash in the front can on my way to work. I was sure that one day I'd make it all the way down (how many stairs do I have?), the trash cans wouldn't be there and I'd have no choice but to climb back up and leave my garbage in the apartment until the next
morning. I'm sure yesterday wasn't the last time that will happen.
Why don't I just get that key......
I'm a little worried about disturbing my landlord these days. I'm sorry I can't remember if I already wrote this, but when I realized last week that my "private" bathroom wasn't really private, I called my landlord and said I was moving. He agreed to return the check for october and the security deposit. I said I'd have to stay awhile longer now and he said that'd be okay.however, yesterday around 3:00 pm (oops. I mean 15:00) I decided to stay put. I just can't bear the thought of searching for an apartment again and then moving. (uh oh. I just fell asleep with the iPod in hand. That's not safe for a girl like me that bumps the wrong button even when I'm awake.
So, I met a spanish ......oops. No joke. I just fell asleep again and as far as I know, I didn't meet anyone Spanish. I don't think this post can be finished and get posted in my current condition. At this point, I think a good night's sleep is KEY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave comments on Blogger. If you do, they might never make it to me. And if they make it and you don't sign your name, I'll never know who you are. You can contact me at tenleyves@yahoo.com. Thanks.