Monday, October 11, 2010

I've stepped out for a nutella crepe

The original blogger on this site has taken a break (or had a breakdown). She's filling this post with kind words from her faithful followers. After rereading them, then rewriting them, she hopes to reevaluate and see that she really is kind of cool and she'll survive this testy night.

-Please be happy.
-You're on the right track, girl!
-I read your book. (she meant to say 'blog' but she's French and still struggles with English a bit). I love it:
funny, realistic and it shows us how you are brave.
-This is your day, 10-10-10! I've been celebrating this day all day!
-"Flexibility is the key to your power."
-The Chicago Marathon is this weekend. I'm not going to
watch it because my runner is not in it.
-You are on my mind as I try to speak English properly and realize how many languages you are speaking.
I think of you in my mind very often. I never forget those days when you were by my side with all your fruitful advises and help. I always have the deepest gratitude for you. (a refugee)
-My whole family is in awe of what you're accomplishing.
-Just remember, you're loved all around the world.
-Be well and BE TENLEY...the girl who flirts with people in front of coffee shops and makes people laugh.
-You've called me crying on EVERY one of your trips and you've always pulled through. I promise you you're going to make it this time, too.
-Don't be like me....be like YOU!
-It's not easy to live in a new country if you don't know the language. You might better understand your students (me) a little better. A big hug!
-My sister is quoted as saying she 'has channeled some Tenley synergies while on her trip' by navigating independently and meeting new people on the road.
-It pleases me the way you succeed in making friends with people even if it's the first time you see them. I remember with pleasure when I came in the churchyard and I found you encircled by people...men, women and children. All of them asking you questions and listening to your answers. In this moment I didn't have the courage to interrupt and I only sat on a bench and watched. I thought, "It reminds me of Christ with his disciples." Maybe it's not like you say, that I'm your teacher, but instead, that you're MY teacher. (translated from Italian)

Hopefully the Tenley that so many of you see as strong, will return tomorrow. (Because I can't continue to blog in her place on this iPod! It's crazy. You can't proofread anything.) She'll sleep on your words tonight and be
reenergized for a sunny tomorrow. MERCI BEAUCOUP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave comments on Blogger. If you do, they might never make it to me. And if they make it and you don't sign your name, I'll never know who you are. You can contact me at tenleyves@yahoo.com. Thanks.