Friday, October 8, 2010

To tea or not to tea

I briefly mentioned the quirky girl at the cafe where I got tea before school the first morning and she remembered me the second morning. She's a highlight of my day. She always wears green patent leather boots. She always wears one very long dangly earring and one short earring. She always wears something fabulous. A pink skirt with giant white polka dots down on her hips (just like me) because it's too big (and I'm hoping it's because she bought it at a secondhand store... just like me). A denim ultra miniskirt with leopard underpants sticking out the top to match her leopard shirt. Wool, horizontally-striped multicolored tights with cutoffs over them. Bib overalls unbuttoned at the hips and rolled up at the bottom. All with the green boots and asymmetrical earrings. And messy hair in a saggy ponytail. I don't know her name (yet) but I hope it's something like Cosette.

Do I drink tea in the morning in Chicago? No. I've always wanted some kind of morning ritual, but running and a bit more time in bed have always won. So, I'm trying it in Paris! So far, I'm enjoying it. Not the tea, really, the quirky girl. She apologized after the first couple of days that it was so expensive. She thinks it's dumb that it's more than coffee. So, a couple of times I've had hot chocolate. I really don't need that before work, but it's delicious.

So, Monday through Thursday, I leave for school a little early and get my expensive tea that I don't even want just to see quirky girl and feel like there's a cafe in Paris where everybody knows my name! (even though they really don't)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave comments on Blogger. If you do, they might never make it to me. And if they make it and you don't sign your name, I'll never know who you are. You can contact me at tenleyves@yahoo.com. Thanks.